Saturday, January 14, 2012

Welcome . . .

Welcome!  Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world wide web.  I started this blog as a resource for myself to remember my first year of teaching.  Oh yes, I am a first year teacher.  A little background about me.  I am 34 years old and married to a great man.  We have no children of our own as of yet but have lots of furbabies running around.  I graduated from Clemson University in 1999 with a degree in Recreational Therapy.  I worked in a Nursing Home for about 8 years before heading to a special needs school.  For the last 5 years I have been a Recreational Therapist and Behavior Interventionist with Emotionally Disturbed children.  I absolutely adored those kids and learned so much from them in the process!  Most importantly, I learned that I wanted to be in a classroom - a classroom full of children with Special Needs.  I completed my Masters Degree and my 30 hours above this past July and started my job in August.  I am at the same school however in a different division.  I have 6 children in my classroom, all boys, all of whom are diagnosed with Autism.  They are curious, tough, and the delights of my day.  I hope this blog can be an insight, and maybe a resource, for others who are also learning from kiddos with Autism.  Welcome to Room 322. 

No comments:

Post a Comment