Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Made It

Well, my summer has officially ended.  Today was my first day back and walked into a thousand changes.  But hey, changes are good for the soul and these will be fine.  Education is like that - especially special education - but you roll with the punches.  So here we go, I'm ready to roll!

I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It series.  I have just recently found her blog however have spent several hours days going through the previous Monday Made It posts.  I love seeing what others have made for their classrooms.



Made It #1:

You know it's time for school to start when you see a personal laminator, lots of lamination scraps, bits of paper, and lots of cardstock copies laid out on a coffee table.  I worked on some labels for my book bins, some cards for our study of habitats (The name of the habitat is on one side and animals found in that habitat are on the other side.  Students are given a habitat and then they will choose an animal to do their animal studies from one that is listed on the back.)  Especially with my students, they need choices.  Just giving them the name of the habitat and telling them to find an animal is way too "wide open" for them.  I still want them to have a choice of animal but I just help them to narrow it down a bit.

I'm using navy blue and lime green in my classroom (when you have a classroom of high school boys "girly colors" are pretty much a no go!)  They will give me a hard enough time when they realize that everything matches but at least I used colors they like!  Plus, I'm on my blue / green kick right now but they don't have to know that I like it - it's all for the kiddos, right?!?


Made It #2:

This is a wreath that I made for a friend for her classroom.  Still debating on making one for my classroom in my blue / green color scheme but remembering the boys again.  They may have to deal with a big ole' wreath in the room!


 
 
 
Thanks for visiting!
 

1 comment:

  1. I vote that you should make a blue and green wreath :) I am making a red one for my classroom!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete